My favorite chocolate buttercream frosting recipe is well overdue on here! Looking back over the last couple of weeks, I have shared my chocolate cake and a few other recipes then noticed my chocolate buttercream recipe didn’t have it’s own post.
This chocolate buttercream is dreamy, fluffy, silky and is always a crowd favorite. With so much chocolate flavor from the cocoa powder used you would think there is more to this simple chocolate frosting than there really is!.
If you’ve seen any of my other recipes you know I love all my recipes to be easy that anyone can make at home without failing. A chocolate buttercream frosting easy as 1.2.3, this chocolate frosting is no exception to that rule.
Homemade Chocolate Buttercream
This is the best chocolate buttercream to pair with my homemade chocolate cake! It also goes really well with my vanilla cake. It spreads really well and also holds its shape well if you would like to pipe chocolate buttercream swirls.
I cannot emphasize how easy this recipe is and how much of a delicious result it produces. Use it in any dessert recipe where you are craving a chocolate buttercream icing.
So set up your Kitchen aid mixer and measure your ingredients and lets whip up this luscious frosting! If you do not have a standing mixer. A hand mixer can be used as well.
- 4 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (3 sticks)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Warm Milk
- 2 tbsp Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sift confectioners sugar then measure 4 1/2 cups
- Add butter to a clean mixing bowl and beat with paddle attachment until light and fluffy
- Gradually add confectioners sugar, cocoa powder and salt until fully combined
- Add vanilla, warm milk and heavy whipping cream and beat for 3-5 minutes on low speed until light and fluffy