Are you a cookie lover? Are you a chocolate lover? Are you a chocolate chip cookie lover? If you answered YES, YES and YES to any of the above, then this recipe for chocolate chip cookies is for you! For a very long time, I was not a cookie person…I mean I’ve always loved chocolate, but cookies never really satisfied my sweet tooth the way cake did. At least that was until I was unexpectedly introduced to a cookie that would change the way I look at chocolate chip cookies forever!
National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day?!
Was it National Chocolate Chip Cookie day?! No, it wasn’t, or even if it was I really don’t remember. In any case from that day until now I found myself cherishing each and every moment I got to enjoy a cookie or two. Not all chocolate chip cookies are created equal and in order to have an amazing tasting chocolate chip cookie. It starts with amazing ingredients.
Start With Quality Ingredients!
This is the number one rule in baking. Quality ingredients are key! Whether a cake, cookie, cheesecake, tart, or macaroon, using the best quality ingredients will help you to achieve the best results. A combination of brown and granulated sugar gives these cookies a nice chewy texture! If you are anything like me you will already have these ingredients in your pantry at home.
Lets DO IT!!
These start out with the creaming method just until combined. Be careful not to over beat as over beating will create cookies with a cake-like texture. I included the full recipe below and would love to hear how it went if you bake it.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Mini Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Semi Sweet/Milk/Dark Chocolate Baking Bar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F(175C.)
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt then set aside
- Cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar until smooth 45 seconds – 1 min. (do not over beat)
- Add egg and vanilla then beat until there's no traces of egg yolk 15- 20 seconds.
- Add flour mixture then mix until fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips and chopped chocolate then stir to combine 15 – 20 seconds.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop to scoop dough on to ungreased sheet pan lined with baking mat or parchment paper. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden brown around the edges. Cool on wire racks.